Job Title:Senior Scientist
Oncology Target Validation
to: Chief Scientific Officer
To lead the research efforts in identifying and validating cancer targets for adoptive T and NKT cell-based therapies. The appropriate candidate must possess a deep understanding of target identification and validation with an emphasis on chimeric antigen receptors, TCRs and solid tumors. The candidate will be involved in research studies from early discovery to IND-enabling. This position will be required to interact with R&D teams in developing and implementing strategies designed to underpin go/no go decisions to support product development and to move new drug candidates into the clinic.
are seeking a Oncology Target Validation Scientist/Senior Scientist to join the
R&D group within Cell Medica at the Houston, TX site. The successful
candidate will have in-depth expertise in identification and validation of
clinical targets for application of CAR and dominant-TCR based cellular
immunotherapies. The purpose of this position is to provide hands-on experience
in developing methodology to identify and validate tumor targets in normal and
disease tissues. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of
conducting target discovery using genetics, bioinformatics, molecular and
cellular biology approaches.
- Use bioinformatics, molecular and cell biology approaches to
identify and validate cancer targets
- Independently design and execute in silico and in vitro studies to
validate and explore the therapeutic potential of new tumor targets.
Perform hands-on cutting-edge bench research and help plan for potential
in vivo studies at CROs.
- Develop internal expertise in IHC and advanced
molecular biology techniques and bioinformatics.
accuracy and attention to detail in data analysis and data management.
- Design and develop assays and execute pivotal experimental study
plans that support a go/no go decisions
- Interact with clinical and research management teams to address key
- Participate in the evaluation of advanced
technologies for target identification and validation.
- Assist in assay transfer to CROs as well as oversight and
management of the CRO relationships
- Generate, manage, analyse and present critical data in a highly organized
- Generate development protocols, reports and SOPs
to support technology development, transfer and regulatory submissions.
- Process and evaluate data from patient samples,
participate in routine equipment and instrument maintenance and perform
instrument and/or assay troubleshooting as required.
ideal candidate for this position is expected to spend a significant
fraction of his/her time in the laboratory leading and supporting the
identification and validation of immunotherapy target candidates.
- PhD in a related biological science, with post-doctoral training or
equivalent research experience in the fields of immunology, molecular and
cellular biology is preferred.
- PhD with a minimum of 2-5 years' experience working in target
validation, preferably in an industry setting.
- Experience in IHC, immunoassay advanced molecular biology
techniques and bioinformatics is required.
- Deep understanding of cancer biology, immunotherapy and T-cell
biology is required.
- Experience of tech transfer to/from commercial and research
- Experience in cell-based assay development is a plus.
experience in Biotech or Pharma is desirable, but we will consider
candidates with relevant academic experience.
working with chimeric antigen receptors and adoptive cell therapies is
- Independently motivated and demonstrate the ability to work
effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- §Quality and detail oriented with high
- §Strong planning and organizational skills,
- §Well-developed communication skills, good at
listening and sharing information with others
- §Ability to act on own initiative within
inter-related team communication
- §Must be able to remain in a stationary
- §Constantly operates a computer and other
office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer
verbal and written English language is essential
be able to lift objects of up to 50lbs unassisted
Apply for this position
Click Here to apply